If you’re searching for simple and tasty recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole. Chicken + Stuffing + Green Beans. Casserole dishes are some of our very favorites for dinner, and especially the holidays. We know that dishes like This Chicken and Green Bean casserole (aka Chicken Stuffing Casserole) is a family favorite.
One of the all-time best Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole ever! . Genuinely the best Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole recipe! It’s super-easy to make,its SO incredibly cozy and delicious, instructions included below.
What You Need to Make Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole
- You need 1 can of green beans or 2 cups fresh garden beans.
- You need 1/2 of small onion chopped.
- You Require 1 of small garlic clove chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chives finely chopped.
- You need of Seasoning salt.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You Require 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh or 1 small can sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 box of stuffing mix.
- Prepare of Butter or margarine (for stuffing).
- You need of Optional Ingredient:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped green onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of french fried onions.
Green bean casserole is the quintessential Thanksgiving side. Bizarrely, I never had it on my Thanksgiving table growing up, but I’ve become obsessed as an adult. For this recipe, I ditched the canned cream of mushroom soup and opted for a. This Healthy Green Bean Casserole recipe is made from scratch with lightened-up ingredients, it’s fresh and creamy and crispy, and it is full of the absolute best flavors.
Step to Make Stuffing and Herb Green Bean Casserole
Ready to cook? Here’s what you need to do :
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Boil chopped onion and green beans (if fresh) to soften and prepare for bake. (🙄 See, half of these beans were dark purple before boiling, they were wild bush garden beans from my yard) *If using canned green beans then skip this step! But still preheat the oven! 🤣👌😉.
- Add chives, garlic, seasonings, and chopped onion to small casserole baking dish..
- Pour in mushroom soup and milk. Mix well. (Here You can also substitute water for milk if you like or need to 😉👌).
- Add beans and mushrooms to mixture and combine thoroughly. *Here you can additionally layer the french fried onions on top before baking for added flavor and texture! 👍👍 Cover and Bake green bean casserole in the oven for 20-25mins while you make the stuffing on the stovetop. (Or in the microwave🤦🏻♀️ lol).
- Follow directions on the stuffing mix box; or Boil water and butter then reduce heat to low and pour in contents of stuffing mix bag. (*Here is also where you can add in the chopped green onion😉👌) Use a fork to mix and fluff. Equally spreading around the absorption of the water. Remove from heat. Remove casserole from oven..
- Scoop stuffing mix out of pan and place gently and evenly on top of green bean casserole. Bake uncovered for another 15-20 mins or until stuffing starts to become golden brown and crispy on top and the casserole is bubbly around the edges! 👏 Serve and Enjoy!.
I remembered seeing this cheesy green bean and stuffing casserole in Kraft’s Food & Family magazine a few years back (okay, so I’m slow) and really liked the idea of a stuffing topped green bean casserole. Or, I guess, technically this would be a dressing topped casserole since it’s not. This traditional green bean casserole is topped with fried onions and crunchy pecans. The key is making a homemade cream of mushroom soup to make this the best ever green bean casserole. Making homemade cream of mushroom soup is easy and much better than that stuff from the can.
As always, thank you for reading through this blog, which allows me to share more unique content and recipes to suit your needs.
Sharing is caring!
Happy cooking … Cheers, friends!