If you’re searching for simple and tasty recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup.
One of the all-time best Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup ever! . Genuinely the best Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe! It’s super-easy for making,its SO incredibly cozy and delicious, instructions included below.
What You Require to Make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 of small butternut squash (the smallest you can find is usually enough to make this recipe twice).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of butter plus 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of chopped leeks (light green and white parts only – remember to wash your leeks well!).
- Prepare 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped into a 1/2-inch pieces.
- You Require 1 of medium carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You Require 1 of stem celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- You Require 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme (or 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon dried).
- You Require 2 cups of baked butternut squash.
- You need 4 cups of unsalted chicken or vegetable stock.
- You need 2 teaspoons of kosher salt to start.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare of up to 1 teaspoon sugar if needed to lightly sweeten (some squashes are sweeter than others).
- You Require 1 cup of heavy whipping cream (you can use whole, lowfat, or nonfat milk – it’ll be a little less rich and creamy, but still yummy).
Step to Make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Ready to cook? Here’s what you need to do :
- BAKING THE SQUASH: Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp and seeds, place flesh side down on your sheet pan or baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or so until a fork or knife pierces all the way through the thickest part of the squash like a hot knife through butter..
- NOW FOR THE SOUP: Put the butter and oil in a 4 or 5 quart pot and turn the heat to slightly higher than medium. When the butter is completely melted, add the aromatics (all the veg other than squash) and saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks and onions just begin to brown in parts (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the thyme, butternut squash, stock, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir gently a few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring soup to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, with the lid on askew, for 25 minutes (or until a fork pierces the carrot pieces VERY easily – the carrots need to be this tender in order to get a really smooth, silky consistency to the final product), stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat down if necessary. (If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of the pot, your heat’s too high.).
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning if needed, and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes..
- Blend the soup until it’s a smooth, velvety consistency. If you have a stick blender, that’s the easiest way to go, but if you’re using a regular blender, blend 3 cups at a time, starting at a very low setting for the first 5 seconds to avoid splatter and then turn up to the puree setting for 20 seconds or so..
As always, thank you for reading through this blog, that allows me to share more distinctive content and recipes for you.
Sharing is caring!
Happy cooking … Cheers, friends!