If you’re searching for simple and tasty recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping. Caramel Pecan Topping Makes It Special. A sweet potato pie is fantastic adorned with nothing but a dollop of whipped cream, of course. Sweet potatoes are spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg and enriched with cream, brown sugar, and maple syrup for the flavorful filling of this pie.
One of the all-time best The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping ever! . Truly the best The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping recipe! It’s super-easy to create,its SO incredibly cozy and delicious, instructions included below.
What You Require to Make The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping
- You Require 4 of med to large sweet potatoes cleaned.
- Prepare of Coconut oil to rub on potatos.
- Prepare 2 (9 inch) of organic frozen pie shells such as wholly wholesome.
- You Require of Extra Cinnamon and sugar for sprinkling in crust.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- You Require 1 cup of sugar no substitutes.
- Prepare 1 stick of good quality softened butter not margarine.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of A.P. flour.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ginger, allspice,cloves and salt.
- You Require 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You Require 1 cup of evaporated milk or half and half.
- Prepare of Pecan topping**.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of light brown sugar.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoon of Alagar syrup or dark corn syrup.
- You Require 2 Tablespoon of good quality butter melted not margarine.
- You need 2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You Require 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of coarsely chopped pecans.
This rich and creamy sweet potato pie with pecan topping is a combination of two pies that pretty much rules the dessert scene during fall. To make the sweet potato puree, cover sweet potatoes with water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until tender when pierced with the tip of a paring. This scrumptious sweet potato pecan pie is the perfect holiday dessert.
Step to Make The best sweet potato pie with pecan topping
Ready to cook? Here’s what you need to do :
- Pre heat oven to 425 degrees and coat sweet potatoes with a little coconut oil and pierce each potato a couple of times with a fork. Place on a baking sheet..
- Bake for about 1 hour or till you can easily pierce with a fork. Then let cool and remove skin.
- Mash and Whip sweet potatoes and and rinse beaters a couple of times in between beating and then continue to beat all remaining filling ingredients in except for the pecan topping and mix well..
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar in bottoms of each pie shell and fill with sweet potato mix..
- While pies are baking mix up topping and set aside.
- Place pies on a baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and then turn down temp to 325 degrees and bake for 50 minutes then drop a border of peacan mixture around pies and finish baking for about 20 to 25 minutes till their are done.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate till ready to serve and top with whipped cream and enjoy!.
- This is everything I use 😉.
- And this is the whipped topping I use.
The pie is the perfect layering of sweet potato filling and pecan pie topping. Spike this pie with a little bourbon or brandy, or keep it non-alcoholic with orange juice. Serve this sweet potato pie with some lightly whipped cream or, for a slightly twisted take on a Pecan pie gets a chocolatey makeover with a cocoa crust, and the topping is crunchy and sweet, like The Best Lemon Meringue Pie. It’s the stuff of dreams: a classic sweet and tart dessert with a. Top off your Thanksgiving meal with these easy sweet potato pie recipes, from classic Southern recipes to fun variations featuring caramel Can’t decide between sweet potato and pecan pie?
As always, thank you for reading through this blog, that allows me to share more special content and recipes to suit your needs.
Sharing is caring!
Happy cooking … Cheers, friends!