If you’re searching for simple and tasty recipes, you’ve come to the right place.
Whole Wheat Dinner Roll. Easy and so good – with or without butter. Easy to make whole wheat dinner rolls will be a hit at your next holiday party! So you can focus your attention on cooking that big bird or on the yummy side dishes.
One of the all-time best Whole Wheat Dinner Roll ever! . Really the best Whole Wheat Dinner Roll recipe! It’s super-easy to make,its SO incredibly cozy and delicious, instructions included below.
What You Require to Make Whole Wheat Dinner Roll
- Prepare 1 cup of warm milk.
- You need 2.25 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 4 tbs of sugar.
- You Require 2-2.5 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 of large egg, room temperaturw.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 tbs of unsalted butter, room temperature.
The dough should feel elastic and slightly tacky to the touch. This Whole wheat dinner rolls recipe will help you make soft and fluffy whole wheat dinner rolls in a simple and easy four step method. The recipe is simple and easy to make and much healthier than most other bread. How long do Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls stay fresh?
How to Make Whole Wheat Dinner Roll
Ready to cook? Here’s what you need to do :
- Combine milk, yeast and 1 tablespoon sugat in a small bowl, let stand until foamy, about 5 – 10 minutes..
- With a stand mixer bowl, pour the yeast mixture. Add whole wheat flour,remaining sugar, egg, salt and butter..
- Using the dough hook, gradually add all purpose flour, 1/2 cup at a time. Stop adding the flour when the dough looks soft and smooth. The dough should feel elastic and slightly tacky to the touch..
- Lightly oil a large bowl or coat with nonstick spray; place dough in bowl, turning to coat. Cover with a clean dishtowel and let stand in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- Gently deflate dough by punching down. Cut into 14 pieces and form into a ball..
- Coat a 10 in round pan with nonstick spray. Place dough balls into the prepared baking dish. Cover with a clean dishtowel and let stand in a warm spot until dough has doubled in size, about 45-60 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375° F..
- Lightly brush the tops with milk then place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 15-18 minutes..
They make delicious lunches for me, filled with ham and cheese, or spread with butter and snarfed. These aren’t just soft whole wheat dinner rolls. They are the softest, most tender, of dinner rolls. Make them for holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc.) or The key to light and fluffy whole wheat dinner rolls is to not use too much flour. Hi, Jenny, Knowing I wouldn’t have time to make your Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls for Thanksgiving, I did a little experiment.
As always, thank you for reading this blog, that enables me to share more distinctive content and recipes to suit your needs.
Sharing is caring!
Happy cooking … Cheers, friends!